It makes sense to a lot of people to ask if Nagios has an API for external controls. As far as I know there isn’t one that’s well designed.
However, you can either find your way to submit your commands to nagios.cmd file directly Examples, or you can find out the Nagios web URL for the action you need to submit:
1. open your nagios web, go to the service and find the “Service Commands” box.
2. Right click on the action you want to perform through API and copy the address. Now you have the full URL for the action to your specific service. eg. the url for Disable active checks of this service is:
This is a NSClient++ addon script for Nagios that will check specific file age.
Returns Warning or Critical if file is older than specified minutes.
$ARG1$ : The file path eg. c:/temp/watchme.log *** this must be a 8.3 file format, if there is any space, it won’t work.
$ARG2$ : Warning level in minutes
$ARG3$ : Criticl level in minutes
1. copy the vbscript to NSClient/script folder
2. edit nsclient.ini and add the follow segment
check_fileage=cscript.exe //nologo //T:30 scripts\\check_fileage.vbs $ARG1$ $ARG2$ $ARG3$
3. create a new command in nagios
command_line $USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -t 30 -u -c check_fileage -a $ARG1$ $ARG2$ $ARG3$
4. create your nagios service
service_description -check file age
don’t forget to reload nagios and restart nsclient.